Please note: This product can only be shipped using our EMS courier option.
MUSE (Alprostadil) is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It works by relaxing the blood vessels and muscles in the penis. This helps to increase the flow of blood into the penis, which then leads to an erection.
Dosage and administration
Please apply MUSE (Alprostadil) by following the steps:
- Immediately prior to administration, urinate and gently shake the penis several times to remove excess urine. A moist urethra makes administration of MUSE (Alprostadil) easier. The medicated pellet has been specially developed to dissolve in the small quantity of urine that remain in the urethra after urination.
- Open the foil pouch by tearing fully across from the notched edge. Let the MUSE (Alprostadil) slide out of the pouch. Save the pouch for discarding the MUSE (Alprostadil) applicator later.
- To remove the protective cap from the applicator stem, hold the body of the applicator with your thumb and forefinger. Twist the body and pull out the applicator from the cap, being careful not to push the applicator button. Avoid touching the applicator stem and tip. Save the cap for discarding the MUSE (Alprostadil) applicator later.
- Visually inspect the MUSE (Alprostadil). The MUSE (Alprostadil) system is see-through, and you will be able to see the medicated pellet at the end of the stem. Make sure that the pellet/let is present before insertion.
- Hold the applicator in a way which, is the most comfortable for you.
- While sitting or standing, whichever is more comfortable for you, take several seconds to gently and slowly stretch the penis upward to its full length, with gentle compression from top to bottom of the glans. This straightens and opens the urethra. Slowly insert the MUSE (Alprostadil) stem into the urethra up to the collar. If you feel any discomfort or a pulling sensation, withdraw the applicator slightly and then gently reinsert.
- Gently and completely push down the button at the top of the applicator until it stops. It is important to do this to ensure that the medicated pellet is completely released. Hold the applicator in this position for 5 seconds.
- Gently rock the applicator from side to side. This will separate the medicated pellet from the applicator tip. If you apply too much pressure you may scratch the lining of the urethra causing it to bleed.
- Remove the applicator while keeping the penis upright.
- Visually inspect the applicator tip to see that the medication is no longer in the applicator. Do not touch the stem. If you notice some residual medication in the end of the applicator, gently reinsert into the urethra and repeat steps 7, 8, and 9.
- Holding the penis upright and stretched to its full length, roll the penis firmly between your hands for at least 10 seconds. This will ensure that the medication is adequately distributed along the walls of the urethra. If you feel a burning sensation it may help to continue to roll the penis for an additional 30 - 60 seconds or until the burning subsides.
- Remember, each MUSE (Alprostadil) is good for a single administration only. Replace the cap on the MUSE (Alprostadil) applicator, place in the opened foil pouch, fold, and discard as normal household waste.
After you have administered MUSE (Alprostadil), it is important to sit, stand or walk about for 10 minutes while the erection is developing. This increases blood flow to the penis and will enhance your erection.
The most common reported side effects observed in women whose partners use MUSE (Alprostadil) are mild vaginal itching or burning. Using a water-based lubricant can help to make vaginal penetration easier. Your partner may want to consult her health care Provider if she has not had sexual intercourse for an extended period of time.
MUSE (Alprostadil) has not been tested during human pregnancy, it is recommended that couples use adequate contraception if the female partner is of childbearing potential. MUSE (Alprostadil) should not be used for sexual intercourse with a pregnant woman unless the couple uses a condom barrier.
MUSE (Alprostadil) will not protect you or your partner from sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes simplex virus, viral hepatitis, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV - the virus that causes AIDS), human papilloma virus (genital warts), and syphilis. Latex condoms can protect against these sexually transmitted diseases.
It is recommended that MUSE (Alprostadil) be stored in a refrigerator. MUSE (Alprostadil) may be kept at room temperature for up to 14 days prior to use. It is very important that MUSE (Alprostadil) not be exposed to high temperatures since this will make MUSE (Alprostadil) ineffective. MUSE (Alprostadil) should not be exposed to high temperatures or placed in direct sunlight.
When travelling, store MUSE (Alprostadil) in a portable ice pack or cooler. Do not store in the trunk of a car or in baggage storage areas where MUSE (Alprostadil) may be exposed to extremes in temperature.
Delivery Time: 7-14 Days