Progynova (Estradiol Valerate) - 2mg (56 Tablets)
|Treat symptoms associated with menopause
Progynova (Estradiol Valerate) contains estradiol valerate, a prodrug of the natural human estradiol. During the menopause ('the change of life') the estradiol production of the ovaries declines, causing menopausal complaints such as hot flushes, sweats, sleep distrubances, nervousness, irrtability, dizziness, headaches, as well as invluntoary loss of uring, vaginal dryness and burning, and pain during sexual intercourse. Progynova (Estradiol Valerate) helps relieve these problems.
Dosage and administration
The usual dosage is 1 tablet Progynova (Estradiol Valerate) 2mg taken daily after a meal. The tablets are to be swallowed whole with some liquid. The treatment is continuous. The next pack follows immediately without a break.In the course of treatment, the dosage may be reduced to 1 tablet Progynova (Estradiol Valerate) 1mg daily.
During the first few months of treatment you may experience some breast tenderness or enlargement. These symptoms are usually temporary and normally disappear with continued treatment. If they do not, contact your physician. The following symptoms, which may or may not have been caused by HRT, and which in some cases were probably symptoms of the menopause, have been reported in users of various oral HRT preparations:
- reproductive system and breast disorders
- changes in vaginal bleeding pattern and abnormal bleeding or flow
- breakthrough bleeding; spotting (bleeding irregularities usually subside during continued treatment)
- dysmenorrhoea (painful menstruation)
- changes of vaginal secretion; premenstrual-like syndrome
- breast pain, tenderness or enlargement
- gastrointestinal disorders
- dyspepsia (indigestion)
- abdominal pain
- skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders
- various skin disorders (including pruritus, eczema, urticaria, acne, hirsutism, hair loss, erythema nodosum)
- nervous system disorders
- anxiety/depressive symptom
- fatigue; palpitations
- muscle cramps
- changes in body weight
- increased appetite
- changes in libido (sexual drive)
- visual disturbances
- intolerance to contact lenses
- hypersensitivity reaction
You must not use Progynova (Estradiol Valerate) if:
- you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Progynova (Estradiol Valerate).
- you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- you have vaginal bleeding.
- you have cerebrovascular or coronary artery disease.
- you have or there is a suspicion of cancer of the breast.
- you have or there is a suspicion of other cancers influenced by sex hormones.
- you have or have had a liver tumour (benign or malignant).
- you have severe liver disease.
- you have or have had a thrombosis (the formation of a blood clot) in the blood vessels of the legs (deep venous thrombosis) or the lungs (pulmonary embolism) or thrombophlebitis (inflammation of a vein).
- you have an inherited or acquired predisposition to venous thrombosis (formation of a blood clot in a vein) e.g. antithrombin III deficiency, you have severely elevated blood levels of triglycerides (special type of blood lipids).