|Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) is in a class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) prevents the constriction (narrowing) of blood vessels (veins and arteries). It is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Dosage and administration
Take Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you. Take each dose with a full glass (8 ounces) of water. Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) can be taken with or without food.
Do not stop taking Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) without first talking to your doctor. If you stop taking the medication, your condition could become worse.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication.
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) and contact your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical treatment:
- Disturbances of the gut such as nausea, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhoea or abdominal pain
- Swelling of the legs and ankles due to excess fluid retention (peripheral oedema)
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
- Chest pain
- Inflammation of the lining of the nose (rhinitis) causing a blocked or runny nose
- Inflammation of the throat (pharyngitis)
- Back pain
- Blood in the urine (haematuria)
- Urinary tract infection
- Balance problems involving the inner ear (vertigo)
- Alteration in results of liver function tests
- Increased level of uric acid in the blood (hyperuricaemia)
- Increased levels of triglycerides in the blood (hypertriglyceridaemia)
- Increased level of potassium in the blood (hyperkalaemia)
Before taking Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil), tell your doctor if you
You may not be able to take Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil), or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) is in the FDA pregnancy category D. This means that it is known to be harmful to an unborn baby. When used during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) can cause injury and even death to the developing baby. Do not take Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment. It is not known whether Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) passes into breast milk. Do not take Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
- have kidney disease;
- have liver disease;
- are on a salt-restricted diet or have high levels of potassium in your blood; or
- are taking a potassium supplement (e.g., K-Dur, Klor-Con, others), or a potassium-sparing diuretic such as amiloride (Midamor), triamterene (Dyrenium, Dyazide, Maxzide), or spironolactone (Aldactone).
Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities. Also use caution when rising from a sitting or lying position. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may further lower blood pressure and increase drowsiness and dizziness while taking Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil). Do not use salt substitutes or take potassium supplements without first talking to your doctor. Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) can affect potassium levels in the body.
Store Olmecip (Olmesarta Medoxomil) at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Delivery Time: 7-14 Days